The Cleveland Chesed Center, a joint project of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland and private philanthropists, in partnership with the Greater Cleveland FoodBank, is here to assist individuals and families in the Jewish community with food, furniture, clothing and many of their household needs. The Chesed Center’s food pantry offers assistance to individuals and families who earn up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
We offer generous quantities of the following items to eligible familes:
- Proteins: chicken, fish, beans, peanut butter, etc
- Grains: pasta, barley, rice, cereal, etc
- Fruits and vegetables: fresh, frozen, and canned
- Cleaning products
- Hygiene products
- Assorted disposable household products: garbage bags, toilet paper, cups, bowls, etc
Additionally, we have a large room filled with an assortment of quality gently used clothing in current styles for all ages.
We also offer gently used furniture as available. Please tell us what you need and we will try to match you with a donor.
- Clients may visit the Chesed Center once per calendar month for refrigerated and frozen food as well as all cleaning, hygiene, paper and food products.
- Additionally, clients can visit the Chesed Center each week on Tuesdays between 2 and 3 pm for fresh produce and other Greater Cleveland FoodBank products. Please come only on Tuesdays for your ‘produce only’ visits.
- Clients are eligible to use the Chesed Center if your combined household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines for your family size. Family size should be calculated by adding the number of adult heads of household plus unmarried children relying on you for basic expenses. Please visit www.geshercleveland.org for an FPIG calculator.